ENGLAND HAS NAMED NEW THREE LIONS MANAGER

–Allardyce had been named as a replacement for Hodgson, the 61-year-old beat other top managers to the job
– Allardyce has expressed his delight at being appointed manager

Former Bolton Wanderers coach Sam Allardyce has been named as the new manager of the Three Lions of England.
The 61-year-old beat Steve Bruce and Jurgen Klinsmann to to the top job, in replacing Roy Hodgson who resigned after Euro 2016.

The former Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers and West Ham United manager has left Sunderland, who he guided to Premier League survival last season, after nine months in charge.

Allardyce has expressed his delight at being appointed manager, and admits that it is “time to deliver”.

“I am extremely honoured to be appointed England manager especially as it is no secret that this is the role I have always wanted. For me, it is absolutely the best job in English football,” he told the FA’s official website.
“I will do everything I can to help England do well and give our nation the success our fans deserve. Above all, we have to make the people and the whole country proud.
“While my main focus will be on the senior team and getting positive results, I want to add my influence to the great work being done across the development teams at St. George’s Park – a facility I have used with my previous clubs.